Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actor, writer, director, and singer working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Allie recently appeared in four films currently in post-production. Stay tuned!
• Allie has a recurring role on The Kit Bull Story. The third season is currently in production.
• The world premiere of Blue Christmas runs September 9th-18th at Stella Adler in Hollywood. In this moving story, a college student creates a hotline to help others - and herself. Written by Allie Costa, directed by César Di Bello, featuring Zein Khleif and Justin Heller, produced by A Light in Dark Places. Get tickets!
• Allie booked and filmed the lead role in The Synesthesia Project, a creepy thriller similar to Black Mirror and The Twilight Zone.
• Alternate Reality was selected for the Long Story Shorts International Film Festival.
• Catch Allie in A Musical, the latest release from Tilted Keyboard Studios, inspired by the musical Something Rotten.
• Four of Allie's scripts were selected for The 28 1/2 Hour Comedy Festival, produced by CenterStage in Texas.
• Boxes Are Magic had a reading at Red Earth Theatre in Arizona. This comedy about a woman, a cat, and the forces of nature was written by Allie Costa, directed by Kate Hawkes, and performed by Cathy Ransom and Kate Hawkes.
• Allie played the lead in a workshop of the musical Pickpocket. In turn-of-the-century Manhattan, a pickpocket finds an opportunity to reform herself through her love of performing vaudeville.
• Allie played Margot in a workshop of A Tiny Little Sky, a new musical about Vincent van Gogh.
• There Will Be Polar Bears was part of the Climate Justice Festival at Golden Goose Theatre in London. In the face of climate change, two scientists imagine the impossible. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Scarlett Malone, featuring Matilda Bedford, Henry North, and Matilda Childs, produced by Four Fig Theatre.
• Boxes Are Magic was part of the Climate Justice Festival at Golden Goose Theatre in London. In this comedy about resilience, resistance, and the forces of nature, a woman tries to change the mind of the most stubborn member of her household -- her cat. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Charlie Collinson, featuring Eleanor Harper and Anne McDonagh, produced by Four Fig Theatre.
• Heartfelt was part of Love Fest. This sweet romantic script was written by Allie Costa, directed by Alicia K. Garcia, featuring Franky Saavedra and David Hepburn, produced by Femuscripts in Florida.
• Boxes Are Magic was part of Ouachita Baptist University's One Act Play Festival. In this timely comedy, a woman must simultaneously contend with an unstoppable force (the outside world) and an immovable object (her cat). Written by Allie Costa, directed by Rachel Medina.
• Allie was cast as the lead in a workshop of a new musical. More details to come.
• Allie sang in a collaborative musical video coming out later this summer.
• 20 Questions was shared at a university in Arkansas. A couple's game of questions leads to surprising answers in this romantic comedy written by Allie Costa.
• Allie sang Take Me to the World from the musical Evening Primrose at the Renaissance cabaret produced by Theatre Unmasked.
• Allie plays multiple characters, including the (mostly) by-the-book Ms. Macy, in the podcast Rodriguez and Son.
• Via the wonders of technology, Allie performed her critically acclaimed piece Power Pose at the Vault Festival at the Pleasance Theatre in London. This high-energy comedy about an unexpected job interview was written, directed, and performed by Allie Costa.
• The Intervention Will Be Televised was part of the Atlantic Acting School Conservatory One-Act Festival. In this fun comedy, a woman's propensity for binge-watching TV shows leads her friends and family to hold an intervention.
• Allie contributed additional material to a film that begins shooting next month.
• Allie played Detective Stevens in Piecing Together the Portraits of You. The film is now in post-production.
• Failure to Communicate was part of the Atlantic Acting School NYU Spring One Act Festival. This comedy by Allie Costa was inspired by a true story of customer (dis)service.
• With This Ring was selected for Housebound, a series produced by Mind the Gap Theatre. With This Ring was written by Allie Costa and performed by Brigid Pfeifer.
• Allie portrayed the title character in a reading of The Wrong Jen Harper.
• Allie sang in the Hadestown Wait for Me benefit for The Actors Fund produced by Tilted Keyboard Studios.
• Allie appeared in the season finale of The Kit Bull Story. She's been recurring on the show since its premiere.
• Allie played Diana in the film Karagatan, which is now in post-production.
• Allie played the newscaster in the film Outside, which is now in post-production.
• Mermaid Story was selected for a festival in Ireland that was simulcast globally via Eva's Echo. This coming-of-age short film was written, directed, and performed by Allie Costa.
• Blue Christmas was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at The Broadwater in Hollywood. A college student creates a hotline to help others - and herself. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Jim Kleinmann, featuring Julia Belanova, Zach Kumaishi, and Carolyn Deskin.
• The Light Touches Everything had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. A trip to the Northern Lights illuminates personal truths for two close friends in this sweet script by Allie Costa.
• Allie wrote and performed another episode of A Moment of Your Time: Amelia, Still.
• Wayward is now an immersive audio experience. In this witchy comedy inspired by the Scottish play, three weird sisters try to prepare the perfect prophecy for their demanding boss. Written and directed by Allie Costa, featuring Maiya Reaves, Brynne Piesco, Jetta Juriansz, and Tiffany Cornwell, with sound design and sound editing by India Stachyra, produced by Soundscape Theater. Available on YouTube, Instagram, SoundCloud, and Facebook.
• Allie appeared on Broadway and Beyond, a new series about acting and working in the industry.
• Allie was interviewed in Shoutout LA. She discussed the challenges and rewards of pursuing a career in the entertainment industry, how to create (and believe in!) your own work, and how she stays motivated.
• Allie narrated a passage adapted from This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. Take a listen.
• Allie is the voice of the ominous narrator in the video game Aether Twins. Listen to a sneak peek.
• View Allie's resume and headshots. Film/TV credits include 90210, You Me & Her, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and What She Said. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, Wake, and Alien vs. Musical.
• Listen to Allie's singing and voiceover demos and watch Allie's singing/live performance videos. Allie can be heard on a variety of original cast recordings, soundtracks, podcasts, animated projects, video games, audio dramas, and audio books.