Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actress working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She can usually be found on a set, in a theatre, or in a secondhand bookstore. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
Allie is actively seeking agency representation.
• BOOKED! Allie has been cast as Darla in the world premiere of Before a Fall. Framed as a courtroom drama, Lily Mercer's new play is a Southern Gothic tale about faith, family, and fear. See the show in June at the Hudson Theatre as part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Opening night will benefit the RAINN organization. Learn more.
• BOOKED! Allie played Madison in the new musical Invisible by David Orris and David Hollingsworth. Picture The Invisible Man meets Weird Science: The show is set in high school in 1988. The staged reading, directed by Katy Sullivan and Robin Collins, was held at the Academy for New Musical Theatre.
• Check out FAQ: Fantastic Actor Questions on VCN - Allie's question was answered by casting director Sharon Bialy.
• Allie was a guest on Funding Friday: Fringe Edition, alongside Michael Kass, Danielle Ozymandias, and Before a Fall writer/director Lily Mercer. Funding Friday is a webseries hosted by Cindy Marie Jenkins.
• Goldfish Love and Bookstore were both screened at the International Family Film Festival. Goldfish Love won Best Student Comedy.
• Goldfish Love was screened at the Newport Beach Film Festival.
• Visit Allie on Facebook:
• Allie reprised her roles as fast-talking Twitter and sweet Laura in #Brad4Laura for Got Musical! at The Colony Theatre.
• A piece of Allie's screenplay Convenience was read at the Los Angeles Female Playwrights Initiative (LAFPI) at Samuel French.
• Loop-de-loop: Allie had a fun ADR session for the film Ordained.
• Allie played Miss Lowell in a reading of Light Up the Sky by Moss Hart.
• Allie played Sabina in a reading of The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder.
• Allie reprised her role as a fiesty turn-of-the-century girl in a staged reading of the musical Limberlost.
• Allie recorded demo tracks for a fun new musical comedy.
• Allie played Darla in a reading of Lily Mercer's play Before a Fall. She has since been offered the role for the world premiere in June.
• The musical Fauntleroy had a sold-out run at The Santa Monica Playhouse. Allie played Mary/Dawson.
• Allie was Jessica in a reading of Sleepless in Seattle at Play Club West.
• Goldfish Love was screened at the Providence Children's Film Festival.
• Allie played no-nonsense Parker in Anisa Alamia's funny film Deferred Pay Receptionist.
• Allie portrayed an energetic songwriter (fancy that!) in a reading of a new musical comedy.
• Allie was part of a musical workshop held by the Academy for New Musical Theatre and Deaf West.
• Allie performed in a reading of Mad Bomber, which won the 2012 Search for New Musicals.
• Allie played The Girl Whose Party It Is (say that 3 times fast) in a reading of Can't Hardly Wait at Play Club West.
• Allie kicked off the month playing the younger daughter in a film inspired by The Lovely Bones.
• Allie's short film screenplay Wrong had a reading at the Whitefire Theatre.
• Allie sang the role of Sophie for the Underwing musical soundtrack and interactive book.
• Allie booked and shot the lead role in the film Casting Cordelia, a psychological thriller about a manipulative young girl.
• Allie played the Gypsy Girl in Monstrous Beauty by Karla Jennings at The Blank Theatre.
• Allie's film work includes lead roles in Pizza With Aeneas, Solace, Bloody Mary, and The Businessman's Daughter.
• Allie can be heard on the soundtracks of Juliet of the Sky, Mr. Potcher's Holiday, Limberlost, You Made Me Love You, and more.
• View the latest production stills and behind-the-scenes pictures on the Media page.