Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actress working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She can usually be found on a set, in a theatre, or in a secondhand bookstore. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Happy holidays! Allie is playing Tiny Tammy in Little Miss Scrooge. Directed by the Tony and Olivier Award-winning director of Les Misérables with music by the composer of Jane Eyre and Daddy Long Legs, this new musical combines the ghost story from A Christmas Carol with the love story from Great Expectations. Catch the show at the Rubicon Theatre December 18th-23rd. Click here for tickets and more information!
• Allie's original play Can You Keep a Secret? was an official selection of PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre. The premise: In the not-too-distant future, peace of mind comes with a price. The story unfolds like a classic episode of The Twilight Zone.
• Allie's monologue Coffee & Cocoa was presented at the Los Angeles Female Playwrights Initiative (LAFPI) event at Samuel French.
• Allie played multiple characters in a reading of a new play inspired by Edgar Lee Masters' Spoon River Anthology.
• Failure to Communicate, one of Allie's original short plays, had its world premiere in Los Angeles. This workplace comedy was inspired by a true story of customer (dis)service. Allie wrote, directed, and acted in the show, which was part of Can You Hear Me Now?, a one-act festival about miscommunication in the digital age. Performances were followed by talkback sessions to connect the writers, actors, and audience.
• Listening in the Library, another of Allie's short plays, was an official selection of PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre. Logline: Stuck in the school library during a lockdown drill, two teenage girls at opposite ends of the social spectrum find some common ground.
• Allie booked and shot the film Really Big Sandwich, about a girl, her grandfather, and (you guessed it) one ginormous sandwich.
• Allie played Sarah in a reading of The Craft.
• Allie played Abby in a reading of Elizabeth Christopher's new musical.
• Allie participated in a reading of the new play The 3 Series.
• Allie played Regina George in a reading of Mean Girls.
• Allie played the not-so-nice leader of the pack in the film Wilderbeast.
• The new musical Starring Clara Bow is under development, with Allie attached to play Clara Bow.
• Allie played heartbroken Gayle in a reading of Almost, Maine.
• Allie played sassy Dorine in a reading of Tartuffe.
• Goldfish Love was screened at the Broad Humor Film Festival, where it won Best Short (Director's Award). Goldfish Love was written and directed by Elin Gronblom. Check out Allie's demo reel to see clips from the film.
• Allie played Harriet in Mad Bomber, which won the 2013 Search for New Musicals. Written by Charles Monagan and Richard deRosa, the show is based on the true story of a man who terrorized New York in the 1950s. Part of the Stages New Musical Theatre Festival.
• Allie played Arabella in Voices, a film about two sisters haunted by a family tragedy.
• Allie has been cast as Clara Bow in the new musical Starring Clara Bow. Details to come as the project moves forward.
• Allie just wrapped the funny film You Me & Her. She portrayed the 16-year-old version of the lead character, played by Shannon Woodward from Raising Hope. The movie was written and directed by Sarah Doyle, one of eight ladies selected for this year's AFI Directing Workshop for Women.
• Allie booked the role of Guildenstern in Murmur Theater's Hamlet. A portion of the show's proceeds will benefit the Adult Literacy Program at the Los Angeles Public Library. The show opens July 26th.
• New production stills added to the media page.
• Allie played Darla in Before a Fall at the Hudson Theatre. Framed as a courtroom drama, this Southern Gothic tale about faith, family, and fear was likened to Winter's Bone, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Rectify. World premiere. Also part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Read reviews.
• Allie's original play Seven had its world premiere on June 8th at the Viaduct Theatre in Halifax, UK as part of Gi60.
• Deferred Pay Receptionist was an official selection of WMMFest, which was also part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Fun fact: When given the chance to name her character, Allie picked the name Parker in honor of her favorite character on the TV show Leverage.
• Goldfish Love was also an official selection of WMMFest. Allie plays the shopgirl in this award-winning comedy by Elin Gronblom. You can see clips of Goldfish Love in Allie's demo reel. You may also watch the opening scene at Film Annex.
• Allie recorded songs for the soundtrack of Invisible, a new musical from David Orris and David Hollingsworth. She originated the role of Madison when the show had its first staged reading in May.
• Allie filmed a musical episode of the Blue Beetle superhero webseries.
• Allie has been cast as Darla in Before a Fall, a new thought-provoking play billed as Justified meets To Kill a Mockingbird. The show opens June 9th at the Hudson Theatre as part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Opening night will benefit the organization RAINN.
• Combine The Invisible Man and Weird Science and you've got Invisible, a new musical by David Orris and David Hollingsworth. Allie played Madison in the staged reading, which was directed by Katy Sullivan and Robin Collins and held at the Academy for New Musical Theatre.
• Check out FAQ: Fantastic Actor Questions on VCN - Allie's question was answered by casting director Sharon Bialy.
• Allie was a guest on Funding Friday: Fringe Edition, alongside Michael Kass, Danielle Ozymandias, and Before a Fall writer/director Lily Mercer. Funding Friday is a webseries hosted by Cindy Marie Jenkins.
• Goldfish Love and Bookstore were both screened at the International Family Film Festival. Goldfish Love won Best Student Comedy.
• Goldfish Love was screened at the Newport Beach Film Festival.
• Allie reprised her roles as fast-talking Twitter and sweet Laura in #Brad4Laura for Got Musical! at The Colony Theatre.
• A piece of Allie's screenplay Convenience was read at the Los Angeles Female Playwrights Initiative (LAFPI) at Samuel French.
• Loop-de-loop: Allie had a fun ADR session for the film Ordained.
• Allie played Miss Lowell in a reading of Light Up the Sky by Moss Hart.
• Allie has been cast in Invisible, a new 80s musical which will have a reading next month. Details to come.
• Allie played Sabina in a reading of The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder.
• Allie reprised her role as a fiesty turn-of-the-century girl in a staged reading of the musical Limberlost.
• Allie recorded demo tracks for a fun new musical comedy.
• Allie played Darla in a reading of Lily Mercer's play Before a Fall. She has since been offered the role for the world premiere in June.
• The musical Fauntleroy had a sold-out run at The Santa Monica Playhouse. Allie played Mary/Dawson.
• Allie was Jessica in a reading of Sleepless in Seattle at Play Club West.
• Goldfish Love was screened at the Providence Children's Film Festival.
• Allie played no-nonsense Parker in Anisa Alamia's funny film Deferred Pay Receptionist.
• Allie portrayed an energetic songwriter (fancy that!) in a reading of a new musical comedy.
• Allie was part of a musical workshop held by the Academy for New Musical Theatre and Deaf West.
• Allie played Harriet in a reading of Mad Bomber, which won the 2012 Search for New Musicals.
• Allie played The Girl Whose Party It Is (say that 3 times fast) in a reading of Can't Hardly Wait at Play Club West.
• Allie kicked off the month playing the younger daughter in a film inspired by The Lovely Bones.
• Allie's short film screenplay Wrong had a reading at the Whitefire Theatre.
• Allie sang the role of Sophie for the Underwing musical soundtrack and interactive book.
• Allie booked and shot the lead role in the film Casting Cordelia, a psychological thriller about a manipulative young girl.
• Allie played the Gypsy Girl in Monstrous Beauty by Karla Jennings at The Blank Theatre.
• Allie's film work includes lead roles in Pizza With Aeneas, Solace, Bloody Mary, and The Businessman's Daughter.
• Allie can be heard on the soundtracks of Juliet of the Sky, Mr. Potcher's Holiday, Limberlost, You Made Me Love You, and more.
• View the latest production stills and behind-the-scenes pictures on the Media page.
• Visit Allie on Facebook: