Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actress working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She can usually be found on a set, in a theatre, or in a secondhand bookstore. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Allie is currently appearing in Alien vs. Musical. What happens when the world of musical theatre meets the most terrifying and destructive alien in all cinema history? Get tickets to find out! This award-winning new musical was written by Erik Przytulski and Steve Troop and directed by Matthew Tyler. Read reviews.
• On August 3rd, Allie will perform songs from the new musical Thumbelina at Rockwell Table & Stage as part of MUSI-CAL. Get tickets!
• Allie's original play Femme Noir will be produced in Maryland by Silver Spring Stage August 20th-23rd.
• Allie booked the lead role in the staged reading of Louisa Hill's new play Alma Mater at Skylight Theatre on August 22nd. Get tickets!
• Prodigal Daughter, Part-Time, and Altared State will have staged readings at Cabrillo Playhouse on August 22nd. All three plays are written and directed by Allie. Get tickets!
• The Intervention Will Be Televised will have a reading at Drama West in Los Angeles on August 29th. Written and directed by Allie Costa, this broad comedy has a fun-filled cast. Stay tuned for the official announcement...
• Music of the Mind will be produced in Los Angeles September 3rd-25th as part of the Unknown Artists New Play Festival.
• Glitter and Smoke has been selected for the Lady Bits Project, taking place in New Jersey later this year.
• Allie plays Beethoven's first student (and first love) in For Elise. The film, currently in production, involves both motion capture and voiceover work.
• Allie recorded a number of songs as the lead character in the new musical Manzanar.
• Little Swan, a Pas de Deux was performed at The Public House Theatre in Chicago. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Nicholas Lamb, featuring Miriam Canfield as Anna Pavlova and Cora Swise as Madame, the play was presented as part of Echoes of..., a festival produced by 906 Theatre Company. Inspired by the life of prima ballerina Anna Pavlova, Little Swan was published in Best of PlayGround Los Angeles 2014 and is available for licensing through PlayGround.
• Allie's article Back to Basics: How to Be Yourself While Pretending to Be Someone Else was published on Actors Access.
• Two Girls was performed at the Clear Lines Festival in London. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Kasia Różycki, starring Lucy Litchfield and Gemma Leader.
• Little Swan, a Pas de Deux had a reading at Hackney Attic in London. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Milla Jackson, starring Sarah Griffin and Kate Handford, the play was presented as part of East End Literary Salon.
• Glitter and Smoke was performed at Play On Words in San Jose. Read Allie's interview.
• Prodigal Daughter was read at Ammunition Theatre Company's first-ever writers' workshop.
• Allie performed in Got Musical, a concert of excerpts from new musicals, at The Colony Theatre.
• Allie performed at Disney Imagineering as part of the New Voices Project.
• Allie and the cast of Alien vs. Musical performed at Rockwell Table & Stage as part of MUSI-CAL.
• Allie and the cast of Alien vs. Musical performed at Pick of the Fringe.
• A Taste of the Future was named a quarter-finalist for The Road Theatre Company's Summer Playwrights Festival.
• In the Heist was selected for East End Literary Salon and had a reading at Hackey Attic in London.
• We Can Be Heroes and Dissolution were selected for Gi60 2015 and performed at the New Workshop Theatre in Brooklyn.
• Anniversary and Sock It to Me were selected for Gi60 #NextGen and performed at Tantrum Theatre and the New Workshop Theatre in Brooklyn.
• Glitter and Smoke was selected for Scratch That Hackney and performed at the Hackney Attic in London.
• Anniversary was selected for National Flash-Fiction Day.
• Out of Sync, Back There, and Amelia, Still were shared at The Write-In on National Flash-Fiction Day.
• Allie was featured in the May 8th issue of Backstage. Read the interview!
• Allie's play Femme Noir was staged in Los Angeles by Ammunition Theatre Company. Set in 1944, Femme Noir tells the story of a female P.I. hired by a notorious nightclub owner. The cast included Karla Mosley (The Bold & The Beautiful), Ari Boyland (Blood Punch), Julie Bersani (Blue Collar Boys), Tina Huang (Rizzoli & Isles), and Yara Martinez (Jane the Virgin).
• Glitter and Smoke was seen at Camden People's Theatre in London as part of You Are Already Dead, a collaborative art event.
• Glitter and Smoke was selected for Makeshift Broadcast and performed in Glasgow by Clare Marcie.
• Allie played Sophie in New York Society for the Suppression of Vice, a powerful new musical written by Joel Bailey, Jake Anthony, and Patricia Zehentmayr and directed by Matthew Tyler. The show addresses the impact of hate crimes in high schools and on communities.
• Faking Glory had its world premiere production in Louisiana as one of six plays selected for Outworks. Written by Allie Costa and directed by Carter Dean, the play featured Hannah Dougharty as Marija and Dexter Ellis as Carlos.
• Allie sang the title role of Mary Marie at Rockwell Table & Stage in Los Angeles as part of Musi-Cal. Mary Marie is a coming-of-age story set in the 1920s. The musical was written by Chana Wise and Carl Johnson, adapted from the novel by Eleanor H. Porter, author of Pollyanna.
• Allie booked and shot a fun film in which she plays a tap dancer who accidentally goes to a hip hop audition.
• Allie's plays Little Swan, Nebulous Fix, and Listening in the Library were presented at Wheaton Drama in Chicago, directed by Toria Hollyn.
• Allie's original monologue Glitter and Smoke was performed at Shetler Studios in New York as part of I Don't Belong Here. Produced by Adaptive Arts Theater Company, a non-profit group working to fuse the gap between disability and the arts, this production is part of their ongoing efforts to bring awareness to stories and voices missing from the stage.
• Glitter and Smoke was selected for National Flash-Fiction Day's FlashFlood.
• Keep your eyes peeled: Allie is in an anti-smoking commercial that's currently airing as part of the popular #LeftSwipeDat campaign.
• You Me & Her was screened at POWFest in Portland. In this funny film, Anna (Shannon Woodward of Raising Hope) runs into alternate versions of herself. Allie plays the teen version of Anna; Tina Majorino (Veronica Mars) plays Anna's roommate. The movie was written and directed by Sarah Doyle. Watch the trailer.
• In the Heist was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at the Zephyr Theatre in Hollywood. Written by Allie Costa and directed by Jim Kleinmann, this madcap comedy featured Paris McCarthy, Sydney Miller, Roland Ruiz, and Wayne Stribling Jr as would-be thieves.
• Allie played Paige in A Knight at the Museum at the ASCAP/DreamWorks musical workshop in Los Angeles.
• Allie booked an anti-smoking commercial for the #LeftSwipeDat campaign. The spot began airing at the end of February.
• Allie's comedy The Intervention Will Be Televised had a reading at Play Club West in Hollywood.
• Allie's play Two Girls was selected for the Unheard Festival, produced by Goblin Baby Theatre Co. at The Bread & Roses Theatre in London. This haunting duologue was performed by Louise Nicolson and Grace Edwards, directed by Milla Jackson.
• A Taste of the Future, Allie's time travel play, was selected for East End Literary Salon and had a reading at The Ophelia in London.
• Allie's play Can You Keep a Secret? was staged by Mind Your Head at The Bread & Roses Theatre in London. The cast included Paige Wilson, Sophie McBean, and James Ruskin, directed by Sam Carrack. If you like The Twilight Zone and Black Mirror, you'll love Can You Keep a Secret?
• Allie played Melrose, the popular girl you want to know yet love to hate, in Invisible, a musical comedy by David Orris and David Hollingsworth. The show had a workshop and staged reading in Los Angeles. Allie also recorded songs for the soundtrack.
• In Allie's forward-thinking play A Taste of the Future, the time is now - and then... The play was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre in Hollywood, featuring Betsy Reisz and Andrew J. Perez, directed by Peter J. Kuo.
• Allie participated in a reading of the new musical Midsummer Night's Scream.
• Tofurkey Day was a finalist for Shorties.
• Allie gives voice to Hollywood's first "It" Girl in Starring Clara Bow. Listen to songs from the musical, which is currently in development.
• Click here for Allie's resume. Check out Allie's credits on IMDb. Film/TV credits include 90210, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and Solace. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and Anything Goes.
• Listen to Allie's musical theatre and animation voiceover demo. Allie can be heard on the original cast soundtracks of Starring Clara Bow, Invisible, Juliet of the Sky, Mr. Potcher's Holiday, Limberlost, You Made Me Love You, and more. Visit Allie's SoundCloud.
• Visit Allie on Facebook: