Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actress working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She can usually be found on a set, in a theatre, or in a secondhand bookstore. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Little Swan, a Pas de Deux, a new play inspired by the life of prima ballerina Anna Pavlova, will have a reading at the Zephyr Theatre on Monday, March 10th at 8 PM. Written by Allie Costa and directed by Jim Kleinmann, Little Swan was selected to be one of six plays celebrating HERSTORY at PlayGround-LA. To see the complete lineup and get tickets, visit http://playground-la.org/monday
• Personal Space, a new workplace comedy written by Allie Costa, will have a reading on Saturday, March 15th, produced by Drama West and held at the Edendale Library. Join actors and directors from the L.A. theater, film, and television community for an afternoon of original comedy and drama by L.A. writers. The event begins at 2 PM. Free admission, no tickets necessary!
• You Me & Her: In this funny film, Anna (Shannon Woodward of Raising Hope) runs into alternate versions of herself. Allie plays the 16-year-old version of Anna; Tina Majorino (Veronica Mars) plays Anna's roommate. The movie was written and directed by Sarah Doyle, one of eight ladies selected for the AFI Directing Workshop for Women. The premiere will be held at the Directors Guild of America in Hollywood on April 29th.
• Allie is currently shooting the film When I Hear Peace. She plays Diane, a teenager trying to keep her feuding family together.
• Allie played Dolly in a reading of You Never Can Tell by George Bernard Shaw.
• Read about Allie's first official onstage role in MyStageStory.
• Allie performed in a staged reading of Broken at the Academy for New Musical Theatre.
• Allie played multiple characters in a reading of a new play inspired by Edgar Lee Masters' Spoon River Anthology.
• Need an audiobook narrator? Allie is officially registered on ACX. More demo clips to come.
• Allie played Claudio in a gender-flipped reading of Much Ado About Nothing.
• Failure to Communicate, a comedic short play Allie wrote and directed, was named a Fresh Produce'd selection and presented at The Other Space Theatre in Hollywood.
• Allie played Mary Tilford in a reading of The Children's Hour by Lillian Hellman.
• Allie has joined the cast of Broken, a new musical which will have a reading next month in Los Angeles.
• Listening in the Library, one of Allie's short plays, is moving into the next round of the Lakeshore Players Theatre 10-Minute Play Festival.
• Raising the Barre, another of Allie's original plays, has been chosen as a finalist for the Sticky Series in New York.
• Allie played Tiny Tammy in Little Miss Scrooge, a new musical that combines the ghost story from A Christmas Carol with the love story from Great Expectations. This modern Dickens mash-up was directed by John Caird, the Tony and Olivier Award-winning director of Les Misérables, co-directed by Sam Caird, with music by Paul Gordon, composer of Jane Eyre and Daddy Long Legs. The show had a wonderful run at the Rubicon Theatre.
• Allie's original play Can You Keep a Secret? was an official selection of PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre. Unfolding like a classic episode of The Twilight Zone, the story is set in the not-too-distant future, when peace of mind comes with a price.
• Failure to Communicate, a funny play inspired by a true story of customer (dis)service, had its world premiere in Los Angeles. Allie wrote, directed, and performed in the show, which was part of Can You Hear Me Now?, a one-act festival about miscommunication in the digital age. Performances were followed by talkback sessions to connect the writers, actors, and audience.
• Listening in the Library, another of Allie's short plays, was an official selection of PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre. Logline: Stuck in the school library during a lockdown drill, two teenage girls at opposite ends of the social spectrum find some common ground.
• Click here for Allie's resume. Check out Allie's credits on IMDb. Film/TV credits include 90210, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and Solace. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and Anything Goes.
• Listen to Allie's musical theatre and animation voiceover demo. Allie can be heard on the original cast soundtracks of Invisible, Juliet of the Sky, Mr. Potcher's Holiday, Limberlost, You Made Me Love You, and more. Visit Allie's SoundCloud.
• Visit Allie on Facebook: