Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actor, writer, director, and singer working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• You Me & Her is now available on Amazon! Allie plays the younger version of the lead in this award-winning comedic sci-fi film. When thirty versions of one person are zapped through the wormhole at the US Department of Parallel Resettlement, an unhappy girl named Anna (Shannon Woodward, Westworld) finds out she is the worst possible version of herself, inspiring her to change her ways at the expense of destroying the universe. With Tina Majorino, Paula Jai Parker, and more. Written and directed by Sarah Doyle. Watch here!
• The world premiere of Alice in Quarantine will take place October 15th-17th. Written by Tiffany Antone, Jennie Webb, Allie Costa, Jen Huszcza, and Micki Shelton, based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Directed by Ken Fudge. Brought to you by PlagueWrites and Timberview High School. This innovative script offers multiple scene options written by eleven different playwrights. Learn more.
• Allie booked a recurring role on a new comedy series. Stay tuned!
• Allie booked a new musical premiering in Los Angeles. More details to come.
• Allie's critically-acclaimed play Two Girls was the featured play of the day at New Play Exchange.
• Shortly after its win at Short Film Factory, Choreography Confined was also selected for the Direct Monthly Online Film Festival.
• One of Allie's screenplays had a well-received reading.
• 20 Questions was selected for the final round of the second season of The Ten Show. In this lively comedy, a game of questions leads to surprising answers. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Sila Agavale, produced by The Hive Collaborative.
• 20 Questions was nominated for Best Comedic Screenplay (Allie Costa), Favorite Actress in a Comedic Role (Heidi Hackney), and Favorite Actor in a Comedic Role (John Terry).
• Allie performed an excerpt of Private Citizen for the Speak Up Festival, which was livestreamed.
• A Moment of Silence was also selected for the Speak Up Festival. In this powerful story inspired by the life of Leelah Alcorn, a teenager shares her truth. The event was produced by All the World Wide Web's a Stage. A Moment of Silence and Private Citizen were both written by Allie Costa.
• Choreography Confined is an official selection for the Frostbite International Film Festival, the Astoria Film Festival, and Short Film Factory. This virtual dance composition retreat culminated in individual works streaming online plus a film including footage from each participant. Allie's piece is entitled Moving.
• Listening in the Library had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. Stuck in the school library during a lockdown drill, two girls at opposite ends of the social spectrum find some common ground. Written by Allie Costa.
• She Has Seen the Wolf had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. Written by Allie Costa, this dramatic modern take on Red Riding Hood confronts street harassment head-on when a woman asserts herself after receiving unwanted attention from a stranger.
• Safe Distance had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. In this script by Allie Costa, a young man encounters a mysterious woman late one night on a subway platform.
• Embracing Change had a reading at Caravan Productions. In this lighthearted comedy by Allie Costa, two friends must deal with an unavoidable metamorphosis.
• Allie played Raleigh in The Audition. In this dramatic play by Ray Arsenault, Raleigh auditions for a new life. Featuring Allie Costa and William H. Sikorski, directed by Franklin Heller for the Lakeshore Players Theatre Virtual 10 Minute Play Festival.
• Allie participated in Choreography Confined, a virtual dance composition retreat which culminated in individual dance works streaming online. Allie's piece is entitled Moving. A forthcoming final dance film will include footage from each participant.
• Allie was featured in the monologue Bossy, written by Samantha Pears and produced by Creative Collabs.
• Clean Slate had its world premiere at the New Normal/New Writing Theatre Festival. When given the chance, a woman seeks forgiveness from someone near and dear to her. But is such a thing even possible? Written by Allie Costa, directed by Aaron-Lee Eyles, featuring Jade Flack, Sophie Healey, and Lara Agar Stoby.
• Boxes Are Magic was part of The 10-Minute (virtual) Play Festival, a livestreaming event produced by Studio Players in association with Banta Productions. This comedy about a woman, a cat, and the forces of nature was written by Allie Costa, directed by Meredith Frankie Crutcher, featuring Chantée Jordan and Chelsea Russell.
• Allie contributed multiple scenes to Alice in Quarantine, a new play inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This innovative, family-friendly script is good for all ages and companies of all sizes. Learn more and get the script!
• Root Down had its premiere performance at the Summer School for the Performing Arts. Three young sisters have an adventure one autumn afternoon in this sweet and simple script written by Allie Costa, directed by Kyla Blocker.
• Allie's script Mindstream had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. At a cutting-edge neuroscience center, a fascinating new procedure may help people retain their memories. But at what cost?
• Dear Neighbor was presented by Theatre Three's Off-Stage/On-Line project. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Jeffrey Sanzel, this lively comedy about apartment living featured Briana Ude and Jim Sluder.
• Future Shock was included in the Quarantine Collective.
• Allie performed her original piece Lovebirds on Radio Reverb. It was broadcast globally and released on their podcast.
• Looking Foreclosure was a finalist in the Lakeshore Players Theatre 10 Minute Play Festival. A first-time homeowner tries to close a deal in this heartwarming comedy written by Allie Costa.
• Allie participated in a reading of The Girl Who Collects Clouds.
• Future Shock was included in the Open Space Arts Virtual Variety Show.
• Allie adapted and performed Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger for the Song to Monologue Challenge.
• Allie wrote and performed The Truth is Out There for the #showusyourselftape monologue challenge.
• The Coronavirus Cabaret is going to be included in a Library of Congress collection archiving what performing arts looked like during the pandemic. Allie performed Journey to the Past from the musical Anastasia for the cabaret.
• Allie sang Love Will Come and Find Me Again from the musical Bandstand in the Stealing Focus Digital Cabaret.
• Allie sang Royalty from the new musical Gideon and the Blundersnorp at the Virtual Fringe Cabaret.
• Allie composed and performed an original tune based on Ariel's Bee Song from The Tempest for the Shakespeare Quarantine Video Challenge.
• Allie played Lexi in a reading of the new play Cake.
• Allie contributed voiceover soundscapes to Walks of Life, an immersive audio experience created by Blindspot Collective. The project was commissioned by La Jolla Playhouse and is available on their website and podcast.
• Yes, And... had its premiere performance at the Here We Go 24 Hour Zoom Fest. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Xander Black, this comedy featured Victoria Tamez and Juana Zavali as two mismatched scene partners in an online improv class.
• After the Fact was read at Play Club West's SWAN Day. Logline: A young woman fights to get her great-grandmother's work recognized. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Hayden Wilde, featuring Emily Donn and Kalina Kitten McCreery. After the Fact was inspired by the legacy of Stephanie Czech Rader, who was granted the Legion of Merit posthumously, nearly 70 years after her service.
• Allie's script A Moment of Silence had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. In this powerful story inspired by the life of Leelah Alcorn, a teenager shares her truth.
• Allie's piece With This Ring was performed during Power of One at the Stay-at-Home! Fringe Festival.
• Allie's play You Otter Know was selected for Stay at Home Plays, a resource for kids and families.
• If you had the opportunity to go back in time and give yourself the heads up about the pandemic, what would happen? Watch Future Shock, written, directed, and performed by Allie Costa. Click here to watch Future Shock!
• Allie booked and recorded narrative voiceover for a PSA about domestic violence.
• Allie booked and recorded narrative voiceover for a PSA about mental health.
• Allie had a lead role in Wendy's World of Wonder, a new musical which had its premiere performance live online.
• Allie performed Puck's closing speech from A Midsummer Night's Dream for the Shakespeare Quarantine Video Challenge.
• Allie performed her piece Glitter and Smoke on the podcast A Moment of Your Time.
• Allie was featured in Social Distancing: The Musical.
• Future Shock was included in Scratching the Servers, a virtual night of new writing selected by The UnDisposables.
• Allie was featured in On Hope: a digital song cycle, specifically in the song Why So Blue.
• Dear Neighbor was performed live in the QuaranStream Theatre Festival. This timely comedy written and directed by Allie Costa featured Carene Rose Mekertichyan Apartment 1A and Allie Costa as Apartment 2B.
• Allie performed an excerpt of Private Citizen for We the People's Slam Bake spoken word event.
• Quality Assurance, a comedy written by Allie Costa, was selected for the PRT 5-Minute Play Fest in Orlando. In this fast and funny story, a telemarketer doesn't seem to know what he's doing.
• Three more of Allie's comedies, In the Heist, Breaking Cover, and Don't Shoot the Messenger Pigeon, were selected for Cozy Play Readings and performed on their livestream.
• Allie's new script A Novel Idea was selected for Virtual Couch Potato Theater, a live theatrical event hosted by Play Club West featuring readings of 6 scripts inspired by the quarantine. In A Novel Idea, four crafty coworkers attempt to create a book club.
• Allie's monologue Amelia, Still was selected for Coronalogues and performed by Mia Andrews.
• Three of Allie's comedies, Après-Ski, Failure to Communicate, and A Moment of Your Time, were selected for Cozy Play Readings and performed on their livestream.
• Allie's plays Boxes Are Magic and Labyrinthine were selected for Stay at Home Plays, a resource for kids and families.
• Allie sang Angelica's verse for Hamilton's Non-Stop #HamAtHome. Check it out!
• Allie was included in Broadway Across America's What Theatre Means to Me video on World Theatre Day.
• Allie sang The Secret of Happiness from the musical Daddy Long Legs in Songs for Hope: (Stay) Home Edition.
• The world premiere of Almost and the East Coast premiere of Tofurkey Day were produced at The Space In Between festival in New York. Almost captures the heartbreak of two lifelong friends who were almost something more, while Tofurkey Day is a multi-generational family comedy. Both explore the choices we make for ourselves, and for others. Both written by Allie Costa.
• Allie participated in SWAN Day as both an actor and a writer. The lineup included a scene of her play Testimony.
• Three of Allie's comedies, Quality Assurance, Zero Sum Fun, and Dear Neighbor, were selected for Cozy Play Readings and performed on their livestream.
• Allie's monologue Any Last Words was selected for Coronalogues and performed by Hector Bateman-Harden, recently seen in Four Weddings and a Funeral.
• Allie's monologue Power Pose was selected for Coronalogues and performed by Sophie Max.
• Allie booked and recorded a voiceover role in a comedic film. She plays a woman distraught by a recent breakup.
• Allie booked and recorded a creepy voiceover role in a film.
• Allie recorded a demo for a new musical. Stay tuned!
• Obscura was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at The Broadwater in Hollywood. The premise: One November morning, three siblings struggling with changes in their family realize it's always darkest just before the dawn. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Alexandra Meda, featuring Christine Liao, Carla Vega, and David Meyers.
• Boxes Are Magic, written by Allie Costa, was voted Best Comedic Script from the first season of The Ten Show.
• Allie filmed The Support Group, a comedy pilot featuring (fictional) Instagram influencers trying to cope with their disastrous lives. Allie plays Aubrey, a strange, reclusive young woman who would rather record ASMR than interact with other people.
• An excerpt of Low Light (written by Allie Costa, directed by Donna Wheeler) was presented at the Lounge Theatre in Hollywood during an afternoon of readings organized by the LAFPI.
• Allie booked and filmed the lead role in the movie Wayne. She plays a grief-stricken lawyer who tries to assist someone in need.
• Allie booked and filmed the lead role in the psychological thriller Red Affinity. She plays a painter who finds the strength to stand up to her abuser.
• Allie booked and filmed Yes/No, an interactive film. She plays a spontaneous, fun-loving character who stumbles upon a house occupied by people undergoing smartphone addiction therapy. Like Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, viewers will be able to make choices that affect the narrative as the story progresses.
• Allie booked and filmed the comedy Ice Cream Truck. She plays a bubbly, outgoing millennial hipster.
• Allie played a heart transplant surgeon in the film Guardian Demon.
• You Me & Her aired on TV again. Allie plays the younger version of the lead character in this award-winning comedic sci-fi film written and directed by Sarah Doyle. When thirty versions of one person are zapped through the wormhole at the US Department of Parallel Resettlement, an unhappy girl named Anna (Shannon Woodward, Westworld, Raising Hope) finds out she is the worst possible version of herself, inspiring her to change her ways at the expense of destroying the universe.
• Check out Allie's article So You Wanna Be an Actor in LA?
• Allie narrated a passage adapted from This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. Take a listen.
• Allie is the voice of the ominous narrator in the video game Aether Twins. Listen to a sneak peek.
• View Allie's resume and headshots. Film/TV credits include 90210, You Me & Her, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and What She Said. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, Wake, and Alien vs. Musical.
• Listen to Allie's singing and voiceover demos and watch Allie's singing/live performance videos. Allie can be heard on a variety of original cast recordings, soundtracks, animated projects, video games, audio dramas, and audio books.
• Visit Allie on Facebook.