Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actor, writer, director, and singer working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Catch Allie on the new series My Big Fat Blonde Musical starting this March! Allie has a recurring role as a bubbly barista named Allegra on this energetic body positive new show, which is in the vein of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
• Allie is featured in Public Domain, an innovative new show described as a musical Black Mirror about The Social Dilemma. Watch the clip Rise and Conquer. Public Domain was written by Forristal & Clarke and is streaming via Southwark Playhouse.
• Allie plays a sweet little puppy named Chanel on the new podcast The Kit Bull Story.
• You Me & Her aired on TV throughout January and February. Allie plays the younger version of the lead in this award-winning sci-fi comedy. When thirty versions of one person are zapped through the wormhole at the US Department of Parallel Resettlement, an unhappy girl finds out she is the worst possible version of herself, inspiring her to change her ways at the expense of destroying the universe. You Me & Her is also available on Amazon.
• Allie has a cameo in the new documentary #StandBy.
• Allie booked a new dramatic musical happening this spring. Stay tuned.
• Allie booked a fun comedic play that will be presented virtually in March.
• Allie taught a livestreamed workshop called The Write Stuff, hosted by Theatre Unmasked. The talk was filled with tips on how to create memorable characters, expand your premise, and think outside the box, with additional considerations for short plays/scripts.
• Allie's script Heartfelt had a reading on Valentine's Day at PRT.
• Allie's award-winning script Boxes Are Magic was a semi-finalist for B3 Theater's Festival of Shorts.
• Tofurkey Day had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. This multi-generational comedy by Allie Costa is always in season.
• Glitter and Smoke was selected for the Fast & Furious Festival. This nostalgic monologue was written by Allie Costa, performed by Pam Kingsley, directed by Jessica Loomer, and produced by Stage Left Theater.
• Future Shock screened at League of Professional Theatre Women. Written, directed, and performed by Allie Costa, the film follows a woman who goes back in time to give herself the heads up about an event that rocked the world. Watch Future Shock now!
• Allie appeared on Broadway and Beyond, a new series about acting and working in the industry.
• Allie booked and recorded a new scripted podcast that will be available next month.
• Choreography Confined screened at the Midnight Film Festival. Featuring Sofia Canosa, Allie Costa, Katie Kennedy, Lia Martin, Alariza Nevarez, and Birte Widmann, this film is the result of a virtual dance composition retreat produced by Indigo Arts Collective and Shea Donovan.
• How I Knew Her was part of the Spark Creative Works streaming play festival. When two strangers cross paths in a graveyard, they discover they are mourning the same person. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Josie McSwane, featuring Katrina Robinson and Giovanni Marine.
• She Has Seen the Wolf was also in the Spark Creative Works festival. In this dramatic modern-day twist on Little Red Riding Hood, a woman fights to be believed after receiving unwanted attention from a stranger. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Katt Gerardi, featuring Matye Natalio, Alex McKay, and Chris Cardona.
• In the Heist, a madcap comedy written by Allie Costa, had a reading at Theatre Unmasked.
• Allie played the lead in a workshop of the musical Pickpocket. In turn-of-the-century Manhattan, a pickpocket finds an opportunity to reform herself through her love of performing vaudeville.
• Allie was featured in Ripples, a new film about dance and self-expression.
• Human Resources was selected for the Awesome Con Short Film Festival, where it was nominated for Best in Show. In the film, Allie plays an extremely self-assured nurse employed by a sadistic doctor at a horrifying hospital.
• Allie was featured in Dance How You Feel Right Now: Our House. The film features over 100 people from all over the world dancing from one room to the next.
• Allie was featured in the lyric video for Nadia Vaeh's new song Christmas Cards.
• Allie played a restless, thoughtful young woman in a reading of the new play Here, Now, Here.
• What happens when you wear your heart on your sleeve? Heartfelt, written by Allie Costa, had a reading at Theatre Unmasked.
• Choreography Confined is a finalist for the International Moving Film Festival and a semi-finalist for the Online Isolation Festival.
• Allie was interviewed in Shoutout LA. She discussed the challenges and rewards of pursuing a career in the entertainment industry, how to create (and believe in!) your own work, and how she stays motivated. Check it out!
• Allie's film Constellations had its world premiere at Beyond Our Bodies, a film festival presented by Creative Collabs and Global Variety Performance which streamed online and featured brand-new work from artists all over the world.
• Allie played Kelly, an absolute sweetheart, in the film New Computer.
• Allie voiced multiple roles in Disconnected, a new dramatic film inspired by real events.
• Allie played sweet and loyal Vee Vee in the dramedy 2,000 Questions. Three college-aged best friends (Brynne Piesco, Josh Ewing, and Allie Costa) catch up on a Friday night. Written by Jamie Dawson, directed by Khari Johnson, produced by Theatre Unmasked for the Places festival.
• Allie plays Spike, the perkiest bandit you ever did see, in the new family-friendly musical Gideon and the Blundersnorp.
• Allie was featured on the Thankful episode of the podcast A Moment of Your Time.
• As You May Be Aware was also part of the Places festival. In this timely drama, three different authority figures in a teenager's life meet to discuss what's best for him - and for themselves. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Chris Goodrich, featuring Sonia Bhatia, Natalia Dozier-Torrelio, and Isaac Otterman
• Allie directed Josh Ewing's new script, The Curse of Ilse Walpurga, for the Places festival. The story shuttles back and forth between the 1500s and present day to reveal the truth about a tragedy. Featuring Gloria Kelly, Jamie Dawson, and Giselle Muise.
• And Peggy was part of the 365 Women a Year Festival. This short play about Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy Schuyler honors the Schuyler family legend about the day Peggy saved her sisters. Written by Allie Costa, featuring Lucy Louise as Peggy, Gracie Guy as Eliza, Zaria Swanigan as Angelica, and Jessica Gray as Catherine, directed by Jade Ahneman, produced by White Mouse Productions.
• Faking Glory had a livestreamed reading produced by Almost Adults. Carlos, a high school senior, is nominated for Homecoming Queen as a prank, but he's determined to go to the dance anyway. Meanwhile, his best friend Marija is going through an identity crisis of her own. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Aaron Leventman, featuring Guy Dunphy and Zoe Margolis.
• Allie's piece Back There was performed at Greater Manchester Fringe as part of Gasp.
• Allie's script Mindstream was a finalist for Science Fiction Shorts.
• Choreography Confined was selected for A Confined Urban Vision at Urban Visions: Beyond the Ideal City film festival.
• Future Shock was screened at the BoxFest Detroit Film Festival. In this time traveling romp of pandemic proportions, a woman unexpectedly gets the chance to go back in time and give herself the heads up about an event that rocked the world. Future Shock was written, directed, and performed by Allie Costa.
• Allie participated in the BoxFest Director Q&A. Panelists discussed the creative process, producing in a pandemic, and the differences between directing film and theatre.
• Allie performed her piece Creepypasta on the podcast A Moment of Your Time. It's available wherever you listen to podcasts: Spotify, Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, OMNY.FM and more!
• Choreography Confined screened all month long at the Astoria Film Festival. Featuring Sofia Canosa, Allie Costa, Katie Kennedy, Lia Martin, Alariza Nevarez, and Birte Widmann, this project is the result of a virtual dance composition retreat which culminated in individual works streaming online as well as this film, which was produced by Indigo Arts Collective and Shea Donovan.
• Allie played Spike, the perkiest bandit you ever did see, in Gideon and the Blundersnorp, a new family-friendly musical. Originally scheduled to premiere at the Hollywood Fringe Festival in June, the show was presented online instead.
• Allie booked a heartbreaking new movie filming next month.
• Allie was interviewed on The Jest, a new podcast produced by Infinite Jest Theatre Company. She talked about writing, acting, and directing for the screen and stage, the power of collaboration, and navigating a career as a multi-hyphenate.
• Allie was a guest on Things of Bronze, a new podcast about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Focusing on the show's first two episodes, Welcome to the Hellmouth and The Harvest, panelists discussed the challenges of writing a pilot, creating mythology for a series, and allowing characters to be both capable and fallible.
• Allie booked and filmed a movie about dance and self-expression.
• Alice in Quarantine had its world premiere production at Timberview High School in Texas. Written by Tiffany Antone, Jennie Webb, Allie Costa, Jen Huszcza, and Micki Shelton, based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Directed by Ken Fudge. Brought to you by PlagueWrites. This innovative script offers multiple scene options. Learn more.
• Stay Home was published in SLAMinutes, an anthology raising awareness for mental health. Proceeds go to the charity Mind.
• Allie's piece Back There was performed at Brighton Fringe as part of A Last Gasp.
• Allie's critically-acclaimed script Two Girls was the featured play of the day at New Play Exchange.
• Shortly after its win at Short Film Factory, Choreography Confined was also selected for the Direct Monthly Online Film Festival and Lift-Off Sessions.
• One of Allie's screenplays had a well-received reading.
• You Me & Her is now available on Amazon. Allie plays the younger version of the lead in this award-winning comedic sci-fi film. When thirty versions of one person are zapped through the wormhole at the US Department of Parallel Resettlement, an unhappy girl named Anna (Shannon Woodward, Westworld) finds out she is the worst possible version of herself, inspiring her to change her ways at the expense of destroying the universe. With Tina Majorino, Paula Jai Parker, and more. Written and directed by Sarah Doyle.
• 20 Questions was selected for the final round of the second season of The Ten Show. In this lively comedy, a game of questions leads to surprising answers. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Sila Agavale, produced by The Hive Collaborative.
• 20 Questions was nominated for Best Comedic Screenplay (Allie Costa), Favorite Actress in a Comedic Role (Heidi Hackney), and Favorite Actor in a Comedic Role (John Terry).
• Allie performed an excerpt of Private Citizen for the Speak Up Festival, which was livestreamed.
• A Moment of Silence was also selected for the Speak Up Festival. In this powerful story inspired by the life of Leelah Alcorn, a teenager shares her truth. The event was produced by All the World Wide Web's a Stage. A Moment of Silence and Private Citizen were both written by Allie Costa.
• Choreography Confined is an official selection for the Frostbite International Film Festival, the Astoria Film Festival, and Short Film Factory. A virtual dance composition retreat culminated in individual works streaming online plus a film including footage from each participant. Allie's piece is entitled Moving.
• Listening in the Library had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. Stuck in the school library during a lockdown drill, two girls at opposite ends of the social spectrum find some common ground. Written by Allie Costa.
• She Has Seen the Wolf had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. Written by Allie Costa, this dramatic modern take on Red Riding Hood confronts street harassment head-on when a woman asserts herself after receiving unwanted attention from a stranger.
• Safe Distance had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. In this script by Allie Costa, a young man encounters a mysterious woman late one night on a subway platform.
• Embracing Change had a reading at Caravan Productions. In this lighthearted comedy by Allie Costa, two friends must deal with an unavoidable metamorphosis.
• Allie played Raleigh in The Audition. In this dramatic play by Ray Arsenault, Raleigh auditions for a new life. Featuring Allie Costa and William H. Sikorski, directed by Franklin Heller for the Lakeshore Players Theatre Virtual 10 Minute Play Festival.
• Allie contributed a video to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation Homestage Initiative.
• Allie participated in Choreography Confined, a virtual dance composition retreat which culminated in individual dance works streaming online. Allie's piece is entitled Moving. A forthcoming final dance film will include footage from each participant.
• Allie was featured in the monologue Bossy, written by Samantha Pears and produced by Creative Collabs.
• Clean Slate had its world premiere at the New Normal/New Writing Theatre Festival. When given the chance, a woman seeks forgiveness from someone dear to her. But is such a thing even possible? Written by Allie Costa, directed by Aaron-Lee Eyles, featuring Jade Flack, Sophie Healey, and Lara Agar Stoby.
• Boxes Are Magic was part of The 10-Minute (virtual) Play Festival, a livestreaming event produced by Studio Players in association with Banta Productions. This comedy about a woman, a cat, and the forces of nature was written by Allie Costa, directed by Meredith Frankie Crutcher, featuring Chantée Jordan and Chelsea Russell.
• Allie contributed multiple scenes to Alice in Quarantine, a new play inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This innovative, family-friendly script is good for all ages and companies of all sizes. Learn more.
• Root Down was performed at the Summer School for the Performing Arts. Three young sisters have an adventure one autumn afternoon in this sweet and simple script written by Allie Costa, directed by Kyla Blocker.
• Allie's script Mindstream had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. At a cutting-edge neuroscience center, a fascinating new procedure may help people retain their memories. But at what cost?
• Dear Neighbor was presented by Theatre Three's Off-Stage/On-Line project. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Jeffrey Sanzel, this lively comedy about apartment living featured Briana Ude and Jim Sluder.
• Future Shock was included in the Quarantine Collective.
• Allie performed her original piece Lovebirds on Radio Reverb. It was broadcast globally and released on their podcast.
• Looking Foreclosure was a finalist in the Lakeshore Players Theatre 10 Minute Play Festival. A first-time homeowner tries to close a deal in this heartwarming comedy written by Allie Costa.
• Allie participated in a reading of The Girl Who Collects Clouds.
• Future Shock was included in the Open Space Arts Virtual Variety Show.
• Allie adapted and performed Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger for the Song to Monologue Challenge.
• Allie wrote and performed The Truth is Out There for the #showusyourselftape monologue challenge.
• The Coronavirus Cabaret is going to be included in a Library of Congress collection archiving what performing arts looked like during the pandemic. Allie performed Journey to the Past from the musical Anastasia for the cabaret.
• Allie sang Love Will Come and Find Me Again from the musical Bandstand in the Stealing Focus Digital Cabaret.
• Allie sang Royalty from the new musical Gideon and the Blundersnorp at the Virtual Fringe Cabaret.
• Allie composed and performed an original tune based on Ariel's Bee Song from The Tempest for the Shakespeare Quarantine Video Challenge.
• Allie played Lexi in a reading of the new play Cake.
• Allie contributed voiceover soundscapes to Walks of Life, an immersive audio experience created by Blindspot Collective. The project was commissioned by La Jolla Playhouse and is available on their website and podcast.
• Yes, And... had its premiere performance at the Here We Go 24 Hour Zoom Fest. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Xander Black, this comedy featured Victoria Tamez and Juana Zavali as two mismatched scene partners in an online improv class.
• After the Fact was read at Play Club West's SWAN Day. A young woman fights to get her great-grandmother's work recognized in this new story by Allie Costa, directed by Hayden Wilde, featuring Emily Donn and Kalina Kitten McCreery. After the Fact was inspired by the legacy of Stephanie Czech Rader, who was granted the Legion of Merit posthumously, nearly 70 years after her service.
• Allie's script A Moment of Silence had a reading at Theatre Unmasked. In this powerful story inspired by the life of Leelah Alcorn, a teenager shares her truth.
• Allie's piece With This Ring was performed in Glasgow at the Stay-at-Home! Fringe Festival in the Power of One segment.
• You Otter Know was selected for Stay at Home Plays, a resource for kids and families.
• If you had the opportunity to go back in time and give yourself the heads up about the pandemic, what would happen? Watch Future Shock, a new film written, directed, and performed by Allie Costa.
• Allie booked and recorded narrative voiceover for a PSA about domestic violence.
• Allie booked and recorded narrative voiceover for a PSA about mental health.
• Allie had a lead role in Wendy's World of Wonder, a new musical which had its premiere performance live online.
• Allie performed Puck's closing speech from A Midsummer Night's Dream for the Shakespeare Quarantine Video Challenge.
• Allie performed her piece Glitter and Smoke on the podcast A Moment of Your Time.
• Allie was featured in Social Distancing: The Musical.
• Future Shock was included in Scratching the Servers, a virtual night of new writing selected by The UnDisposables.
• Allie was featured in On Hope: a digital song cycle, specifically in the song Why So Blue.
• Dear Neighbor was performed live in the QuaranStream Theatre Festival. This timely comedy written and directed by Allie Costa featured Carene Rose Mekertichyan and Allie Costa.
• Allie performed an excerpt of Private Citizen for We the People's Slam Bake spoken word event.
• Quality Assurance, a comedy written by Allie Costa, was selected for the PRT 5-Minute Play Fest in Orlando. In this fast and funny story, a telemarketer doesn't seem to know what he's doing.
• Three more of Allie's comedies, In the Heist, Breaking Cover, and Don't Shoot the Messenger Pigeon, were selected for Cozy Play Readings and performed on their livestream.
• Allie's new script A Novel Idea was selected for Virtual Couch Potato Theater, a live theatrical event hosted by Play Club West featuring readings of scripts inspired by the quarantine. In A Novel Idea, four crafty coworkers attempt to create a book club.
• Allie's monologue Amelia, Still was selected for Coronalogues and performed by Mia Andrews.
• Three of Allie's comedies, Après-Ski, Failure to Communicate, and A Moment of Your Time, were selected for Cozy Play Readings and performed on their livestream.
• Allie's plays Boxes Are Magic and Labyrinthine were selected for Stay at Home Plays, a resource for kids and families.
• Allie sang Angelica's verse for Hamilton's Non-Stop #HamAtHome. Check it out!
• Allie was included in Broadway Across America's What Theatre Means to Me video on World Theatre Day.
• Allie sang The Secret of Happiness from the musical Daddy Long Legs in Songs for Hope: (Stay) Home Edition.
• The world premiere of Almost and the East Coast premiere of Tofurkey Day were produced at The Space In Between festival in New York. Almost captures the heartbreak of two lifelong friends who were almost something more, while Tofurkey Day is a multi-generational family comedy. Both explore the choices we make for ourselves, and for others. Both written by Allie Costa.
• Allie participated in SWAN Day as both an actor and a writer. The lineup included a scene of her play Testimony.
• Three of Allie's comedies, Quality Assurance, Zero Sum Fun, and Dear Neighbor, were selected for Cozy Play Readings and performed on their livestream.
• Allie's monologue Any Last Words was selected for Coronalogues and performed by Hector Bateman-Harden, recently seen in Four Weddings and a Funeral.
• Allie's monologue Power Pose was selected for Coronalogues and performed by Sophie Max.
• Allie booked and recorded a voiceover role in a comedic film. She plays a woman distraught by a recent breakup.
• Allie booked and recorded a creepy voiceover role in a film.
• Allie recorded a demo for a new musical.
• Obscura was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at The Broadwater in Hollywood. The premise: One November morning, three siblings struggling with changes in their family realize it's always darkest just before the dawn. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Alexandra Meda, featuring Christine Liao, Carla Vega, and David Meyers.
• Boxes Are Magic, written by Allie Costa, was voted Best Comedic Script from the first season of The Ten Show.
• Allie filmed The Support Group, a comedy pilot featuring (fictional) Instagram influencers trying to cope with their disastrous lives. Allie plays Aubrey, a strange, reclusive young woman who would rather record ASMR than interact with other people.
• Allie booked and filmed the lead role in the movie Wayne. She plays a grief-stricken lawyer who tries to assist someone in need.
• Allie booked and filmed the lead role in the psychological thriller Red Affinity. She plays a painter who finds the strength to stand up to her abuser.
• Allie booked and filmed Yes/No, an interactive film. She plays a spontaneous, fun-loving character who stumbles upon a house occupied by people undergoing smartphone addiction therapy. Like Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, viewers will be able to make choices that affect the narrative as the story progresses.
• Allie booked and filmed the comedy Ice Cream Truck. She plays a bubbly, outgoing millennial hipster.
• Allie played a heart transplant surgeon in the film Guardian Demon.
• Allie narrated a passage adapted from This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. Take a listen.
• Allie is the voice of the ominous narrator in the video game Aether Twins. Listen to a sneak peek.
• View Allie's resume and headshots. Film/TV credits include 90210, You Me & Her, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and What She Said. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, Wake, and Alien vs. Musical.
• Listen to Allie's singing and voiceover demos and watch Allie's singing/live performance videos. Allie can be heard on a variety of original cast recordings, soundtracks, podcasts, animated projects, video games, audio dramas, and audio books.