Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actor, writer, director, and singer working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Allie plays multiple characters in Slayers: A Buffyverse Story, a new Audible original audio series available October 12th. Pre-order now!
• Allie has a recurring role on The Kit Bull Story. The third season is currently airing.
• The Phantom had its first screening. Allie contributed multiple voices to the film, which is based on The Phantom of the Opera.
• Two Girls was part of the Reboot Festival, held at the Barons Court Theatre in London. In this haunting and poetic duologue, two women emerge from a violent attack. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Beth Graham, featuring Stephanie Wiggans and Ottilie Nye.
• Before We Burn was performed at The Glitch in London. In this time-bending tale, two women learn the fate of the land is in their hands. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Ella Gold, featuring Aofie Spengeman and Abigail Rogers, produced by Patch Plays.
• Plainview had a reading in Norwich thanks to Reflex Theatre. This comedy is set in a quaint little UK town that people are simply dying to visit. Written by Allie Costa, featuring Callan Durrant, Megan Durrant, and Georgie Matthews.
• Art Imitates Life was part of the Open Space Arts Summer Playwrights Festival. An artist gets inspiration from an unlikely source in this creative dramedy written by Allie Costa, directed by Anna Dyke.
• We're Trying was an A is For finalist.
• How I Knew Her was a semi-finalist for the 2023 Ivoryton Women Playwrights Festival.
• Drop in the Ocean was performed at The Glitch in London. On a drying-up shoreline, a down-to-earth botanist encounters a vibrant climatologist and realizes there's still hope for the world. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Anastasia Bunce, featuring Ella McCormack and Oli Moulden, produced by Patch Plays.
• Siblings was performed at the Summer School for the Performing Arts. This simple slice-of-life story written by Allie Costa captures a conversation between a little brother and his big sister.
• There Will Be Polar Bears was performed at The Cockpit Theatre in London. In the face of climate change, two scientists imagine the impossible. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Anastasia Bunce, featuring Inês Drumond Reis, Kostiantyn Komov, and Emily McCredie, produced by Patch Plays.
• Allie recorded another song for a new sci-fi musical comedy.
• Allie booked and recorded an episode of a podcast coming out this summer.
• Who She Could Have Been was part of the What She Said Festival at Duluth Playhouse. A couple struggles to rebuild and reconnect after losing their child. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Rylee Kuberra, featuring Sarah Dahle and Tom Maloney.
• Dear Neighbor was in a one-night-only festival of site-specific theatre in Massachusetts. This quirky comedy about nosy neighbors was written by Allie Costa and directed by Gaia Segre and Lielle Gershon.
• Creepypasta was selected for Make the Cut, held at Pleasance Theatre in London, produced by Director's Cut. Written by Allie Costa, there's more to this funny story than meets the eye.
• Allie booked and recorded a top-secret audio project. Stay tuned!
• Piecing Together the Portraits of You was screened at the Massachusetts Independent Film Festival, where it was nominated for two awards. It was also a semi-finalist for the Transparent Film Festival. Allie plays Detective Stevens in the film.
• Allie played the younger version of the main character in a staged reading of the new dramatic musical More Than All the Sky.
• Allie recorded a demo song for a new sci-fi musical comedy.
• Rise Up had a two-night run at The Hope Theatre in London as part of Emergence, a sold-out scratch night produced by Three Sisters. A young woman impulsively goes on a retreat - but it's not exactly what she had in mind. Written by Allie Costa, featuring Joanne Marie Mason and Isabella Grace.
• Boxes Are Magic was selected for inclusion in a scriptwriting course at Interlochen Center for the Arts.
• We're Trying was a semi-finalist for the Heartland Theatre 10-Minute Play Festival.
• Piece of Cake had an acclaimed and extended run at Barrington Stage Company's 10x10 New Play Festival. In this sweet comedy, baking is the family business, but it’s not that easy - especially when you've got big shoes to fill. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Alan Paul, featuring Camille Upshaw, Peggy Pharr Wilson, Skyler Gallun, and Robert Zukerman.
• Two of Allie's plays were in the University of North Alabama One-Act Festival: her critically acclaimed drama Two Girls, directed by Emma Higby, featuring Ella Neal and Phoebe Jones, and the heartwarming dramedy Cut and Run, directed by Hailey Drake, featuring Samantha Davis and Nicole Smith.
• Piece of Cake had its world premiere at Barrington Stage Company's 10x10 New Play Festival. In this sweet comedy, baking is the family business, but it’s not that easy - especially when you've got big shoes to fill. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Alan Paul, featuring Camille Upshaw, Peggy Pharr Wilson, Skyler Gallun, and Robert Zukerman.
• After the Fact was seen at the Pleasance Theatre in London as part of Glass Splinters. A young woman fights to get her great-grandmother's work recognized in this story inspired by the life and career of undercover intelligence agent Stephanie Czech Rader. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Caron Kehoe, featuring Joanna Shubert and Anya Marco-Harris.
• Allie played lead roles in developmental readings of two vastly different new musicals.
• Two Girls is streaming on Bluebird Broadcast, available whenever you listen to podcasts. In this haunting and poetic duologue, two women emerge from a violent attack. Written by Allie Costa, featuring the voices of Amanda Stamm and Alexandra Rigby, produced by Bluebird Theatre Company.
• Rodriguez and Son is streaming. Allie plays multiple characters on the podcast, including the (mostly) by-the-book Ms. Macy.
• Coffee & Cocoa and Getting Pushed Around were both selected for the Winter Wonderland Virtual Monologue Festival. Allie performed them both.
• Allie's plays Don't Fear the Reaper and Unfinished Business were used in a scene study class at a high school.
• Allie played a lead role in a workshop of A Tiny Little Sky, a new musical about Vincent van Gogh.
• Allie contributed additional voices to The Phantom, a new film based on The Phantom of the Opera.
• Allie played the lead role in developmental readings of two new musicals.
• Allie was hired to record a song inspired by Stranger Things.
• Allie was interviewed in Shoutout LA. She discussed the challenges and rewards of pursuing a career in the entertainment industry, how to create (and believe in!) your own work, and how she stays motivated.
• Allie narrated a passage adapted from This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. Take a listen.
• Allie is the voice of the ominous narrator in the video game Aether Twins. Listen to a sneak peek.
• View Allie's resume and headshots. Film/TV credits include 90210, You Me & Her, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and What She Said. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, Wake, and Alien vs. Musical.
• Listen to Allie's singing and voiceover demos and watch Allie's singing/live performance videos. Allie can be heard on a variety of original cast recordings, soundtracks, podcasts, animated projects, video games, audio dramas, and audio books.